Hello my beautiful, amazing, talented neighbors! This post is for day 3 of my Blogging 101 course over at Blogging University. Today’s post is more like a “vacation” post where we don’t have to do any crazy thinking or provide insightful answers into ourselves or our blog, which is good because I’m writing this at 10:30 pm the night before and gosh darn it I need to get to bed! My handsome hubby is already in bed snoozing without me and if I take too long I’m fairly certain that my kitten is going to take my snuggling spot next to him. *pouts*
The assignment for today is to follow 5 new “tags” in the WordPress reader as well as follow 5 new blogs. Well uhm……. can I say that I’m being an overachiever? Because I’ve definitely followed at least uh… *cough* 10 *cough* blogs today. >_>
The tags I’ve added to my reader are:
- College life (thanks for the inspiration, Ingrid!)
- Gaming (how in the world was I not following that before today??)
- Military Spouse
- Long Distance Friends
Okay I’ll admit, the last one I had to really think about. I already follow far too many tags on my reader and I felt like using one of those would be cheating since the assignment asked for us to follow new tags, not to use one of the 20 different tags you already follow and call it good. See? I can be not-lazy if I try! I really can!
Here comes the list of all the new blogs I’m happily following:
- Ingrid on the Grid – Ingrid is an artist who is about to start her first year at Georgia Tech studying Industrial Engineering. She is a first generation Chinese-American who is a fan of classical music, but don’t worry she isn’t one of those “connoisseurs who twirl their moustaches and laugh at younger people’s ignorance”. ;)
- Blabberwockying – Anand’s blog is about his journey into the spiritual. His blog started off as thoughts scribbled into notebooks which eventually became a blog. He wants to share his thoughts and create a conversation with others so he can learn and grow.
- The Swedish Kiwi – Sophie is originally from Sweden but moved to New Zealand after falling in love with her boyfriend who is from there. She shares her adventures in New Zealand, as well as some of her favorite recipes.
- Sound to the Senses – Maggie is still learning about herself, but one thing she knows for certain is her passion for writing. She has numerous interests that she hopes to share on her blog to create discussions, including “music, film, art and literature to science, nature, sociology, and politics”.
- Cathy Lynn Brooks – She is an aspiring author hoping to share her late daughter’s story regarding mental illness with the world in order to help others.
- Little Misadventures – Kendel is a very witty university student in New Zealand figuring out life and how to properly “adult”, and sharing her misadventures of it all.
- Chef Laura Cerullo – Laura is a personal chef on a journey of self discovery.
- Escape to Sevilla – “the (esc)ape artist” as the author calls herself is heading to Sevilla to study abroad for 3 1/2 months, but along the way she hopes to escape to life, to enjoy the simple joys that life has to offer.
- Jess Combs – She is a mom gamer (that’s right, mom + gamer! Totally rad!) who is working on her first novel while staying at home raising her two children.
- Beauty Marks – Krstn has struggled with depression and created her blog to share her story with others because “no one deserve to struggle alone”. She’s a beautiful soul!
- Jade’s Jaunts – Jade is a travel blogger who is getting ready to leave to study abroad in Spain for 1 year. She wants to share her travels and insights from the perspective of the locals so you can see the “real, un-Disneyfied culture of a country”.
- Love and Olives – Olivia is an everyday woman transforming her adventures into writing. Her blog is about embracing life and owning who you are.
- Kelli Blogs – Kelli is a wonderful writer and is absolutely hilarious! She is sharing her life and hopes that while reading her blog “you find it amusing, infuriating or at least not a complete waste of the time you spent reading it”.
- Geeks & Lattes – Stacey shares a round-up of important geeky news each week, including things from my favorite game creator, Blizzard Entertainment!
- Housewife(ish) – She is a fellow military spouse and mom of two sharing her journey through this crazy thing called life.
- Jen Plans – Jen is someone who I have followed on Instagram for a while. She is a fellow planner nerd and is the most organized person that I’ve had the pleasure of never actually meeting. I stalk her instagram posts daily and now I can do the same to her blog posts! (Woah, that is so not meant to sound creepy… promise!)
Well, I think that’s about it! So yeah… I definitely followed over 5 blogs today. Oh well, that just means that hopefully I’ll be making lots of new friends here very soon :)
If any of you are interested in following my blog you can follow it here on WordPress, or if you click the link below you can follow it on Bloglovin’ too.
Thanks for reading, I’ll catch you all later!
<3 and harp strings,