Yesterday was a tad bit hectic for me:
- I was woken up as Mr. Envoy was getting ready to go for a run at 5:30 am and was subsequently convinced to go for a walk with him while it was still dark outside instead of going back to bed (ew… although it was still chilly out so my hands didn’t swell into the sausages that they normally do so yay for that!)
- We made breakfast together before he went to work
- I actually ate breakfast (I rarely do so this was big lol)
- I read a few blogs I follow and left some comments
- I tried to keep up with the commons for my blogging 101 course
- I watched the World of Warcraft livestream from GamesCom where the newest expansion pack, Legion, was announced, and then I wrote a post on it
- I rushed to get ready and drove 50 minutes to the DMV for my appointment to finish swapping out my NY plates for CA ones
- I visited my bestie, Harpcat, and we got lunch and went swimming and got dinner later
- And finally I got to drive an hour back home
Yep, that was my day. What was my point in telling you all that? I mentioned it because I didn’t have any time to get a post done for today! By the time I got home I was too tired so I said eff it and collapsed in bed.
My long term plan for my blog isn’t to be posting every single day because frankly I won’t have time for all that once the semester starts later this month. I mean, I suppose I could if I was organized enough for it, but let’s face it… that won’t happen! But while I kind of have the time to post every day I figured I might as well, so here we go!
Today’s post was inspired by a post on one of my new favorite blogs, Little Misadventures. Since I have new readers I figured it would be fun to share 10 facts about me that you might not know. Hopefully you find it fun too =)
- I’m a southern California girl but lived on Long Island in New York for almost one year because of my boyfriend-turned-fiance-turned-husband (Mr. Envoy) received orders for Recruiting Duty that took us out there.
- I met my husband, Mr. Envoy, through World of Warcraft. Here’s a post I did once upon a time when we were still just dating that talks about the whole thing.
- My favorite food is pizza, although I’ve gotten terribly spoiled since living in New York because the pizza out there is just so dang amazing! The pizza places out here just can’t compare. =(
- I’m about to transfer to a university to start working on my degree in Music Performance in harp and I’m
kinda sortatotally freaking out. Between the drive I’ll have to get to campus, my coursework, and all of the music I’ll have to learn for recitals and orchestra and other ensembles I am not quite sure how I’m going to manage.
- Even with everything I mentioned above I am seriously considering double majoring in Music Education as well so I have something more stable to fall back on job-wise (as stable a job as teaching is… hint: teaching is not known for it’s stability as a career). I feel like this is a very “adult” decision, but the added coursework is intimidating as hell.
- Mr. Envoy and I were engaged for a little over 2 months before tying the knot at a courthouse in Manhattan. We had been dating for over 2 years by the time he finally proposed so we decided to get married pretty quickly. Our one year anniversary falls on a Saturday next year so since no one was able to fly out to New York to see us get married we are going to try and have a small wedding/reception for everyone to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. And also so my dad can finally walk me down the aisle like I always dreamt about.
- I may be a southern California girl but I am not a big fan of the beach. My skin is extremely pale so the sun and I don’t get along all that well (now that I think about it, I dreamt last night that I had gotten a really bad sunburn while at the pool with Harpcat yesterday… you know you have pale skin when you have bad dreams about sunburns!). I don’t mind the sand, but when I am wet from the ocean and then have to trudge through the sand to get anywhere and the sand gets everywhere in the process… *shudders* No thanks! I’ll take the mountains and the desert any day.
- I was in a head on collision a little over a year ago (2 months before we had to make the cross country drive to New York) that wasn’t my fault. I think the combined speed of the crash was 75 mph or so and although my van was totalled (the poor bumper that had been held on by zipties sadly didn’t make it) I walked away with nothing more than a sprained ankle, a sprained knee, a bruise on a bone in my knee as well as bruises from my seat belt. I was able to drive the same day even though the sprains were on my right leg and I’m so thankful that I made myself pick up my rental van the same day as the crash. I was so scared on my drive home that I sobbed the entire way, but if I hadn’t gotten back behind the wheel that day I’m afraid I might not have been able to drive for a while because of fear. As it is I’m still jumpy when I’m a passenger in someone else’s car.
- I took dance classes for 9 years growing up. I did ballet, tap, jazz, and lyrical. Sometimes I wish I had continued with it because I loved it and am far too lazy in my adult life.
- I’m an oxymoron. I’m a lazy perfectionist. I want everything in my life to be perfect but I have a tendency to be far too lazy to do anything about it because if I can’t do it exactly the way I want to the first time I get frustrated and go do something else (usually Netflix). Not the best combination… But shhh, don’t tell anyone important!
Alright folks, that’s my 10 facts. Hopefully you weren’t too bored reading it!
Since you made it this far though, drop me a comment with one weird or little known fact about you! I’d love to hear it. =)
<3 and harp strings,