I can hardly believe that I’m typing this right now but I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award by an amazing new friend of mine, Anand, over at Blabberwockying! I have seen this award around before but I never thought that I’d be getting one. I mean, it still dumbfounds me that people actually like reading my blog! I’m not complaining or anything but I guess I just didn’t think that not only would people like it but that I’d get nominated for an award, so thank you so much! You have no idea how much this means to me! <3
Here are the rules if you’ve been nominated for this award:
- Once you are nominated, make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
Here are my answers to Anand’s Questions.
- What is life according to you? To me life is more than just surviving your day to day tasks; it’s about taking what’s been handed you and making the best that you can out of it. It’s about turning negative experiences into life lessons and memorable events, it’s about spending time with the people you love and taking every opportunity presented to you so you can learn and grow. Most importantly though, to me life is putting your heart into everything you do. Without doing that, what’s the point?
- What is your goal or mission in life, if any. My goal is to be happy in my life, no matter what happens. My current mission is to finish my undergraduate degrees and move on to complete my graduate degrees so that I can become a music professor at a college someday, in addition to opening my own private harp studio and continuing to do private harp gigs. Ultimately though I want to share the harp with everyone that I can because music is amazing and change your life, and so can the harp!
- What is your favorite film(s)? You would ask this, wouldn’t you?! Ugh. Um…. Crap. I don’t know, I have too many I enjoy! Uh… National Treasure, Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Pearl Harbor, How to Train Your Dragon, Batman, The Avengers… the list goes on and on!
- What quality you like most about yourself? Uh… Hmm. I don’t know actually. I guess I like that even when I get down and it feels like the world is caving in on me I let myself be sad and feel overwhelmed and cry for a bit, but then I eventually kick myself in the butt and try to find the good so I can make the most of it.
- Who are your heroes or role models? Brandee Younger, a phenomenal harpist that I had the amazing opportunity to study with while I lived on Long Island.
- Which is your dream destination? Anywhere in Europe, although Ireland, England, and France are my top 3 destinations.
- What do you prefer in life Peace or Success. Are they different for you. Why? I want both but I think I’d more so want peace. Peace and success could be the same, but I think it really depends on the individual person’s definitions of both. For me being at peace means not worrying about things that you can’t change and knowing that everything will work out the way they’re meant to. Being successful for me is setting goals for yourself and reaching and/or surpassing them. I’d love to think that I could both be successful and at peace but I tend to be an anxious person so I don’t know if that’d be possible for me.
- What are your hobbies? I love playing video games, binge watching TV shows on Netflix, reading, cooking, baking, and exploring the world.
- Do you feel good about yourself, people around you and life in general? I’m currently a bit stressed out about the new journey I’m about to embark on with my education, but yes I do feel good about just about everything. I have great friends, an amazing husband, and most of my family is nearby. I have a roof over my head and food in my fridge (when I remember to grocery shop that is) and am starting school at the place I only dreamed about to work on the degree I had only dreamt about. So yeah, things are pretty good right now. :)
- What is the importance of gratitude according to you, if any? I feel that expressing gratitude is very important. It not only allows you to thank another person for something they did and show your appreciation for it and that you care about them, but also allows you to reflect on the things you have in your life and to appreciate them more. There are so many things to be grateful for, so expressing gratitude should be something that puts a smile on your face because it means you have something to be grateful for! :)
Damn Anand, you asked some good questions! I had to really think about some of them! haha Great questions! :)
Here are my nominations for the Liebster Award. <3
I had some trouble with this because there are so many wonderful bloggers out there, and a lot of the bloggers I follow have already been nominated! These bloggers I have chosen are active, entertaining, and thought provoking. I truly enjoy each of their blogs and want nothing but good things for them!
- The Swedish Kiwi – Sophie is a Swedish transplant living in New Zealand. She blogs about her travelling adventures, her favorite recipes, as well as random tips and tricks that she’s discovered! I love her blog to pieces! <3
- Being Zingy! – Ananya blogs about turning self-loathing into self-loving, something I know I definitely need! I really enjoy reading her articles and learning how to work on loving every piece of me!
- Escape to Sevilla – The (esc)ape artist, as she calls herself, blogs about ‘escaping to life’ and how we should learn to appreciate the little things in life. She is sharing her life as she gets ready to travel to Spain to study abroad and continues learning to escape to her life. Don’t we all need to learn to do that?
- Beauty Marks – Krstn is an active blogger who is on a journey to discover her own personal bliss, and along the way she shares her favorite things, her current obsessions, and life advice for her readers. You deserve this Krstn, your blog is one of my favorites! :)
- Science, Books, and Silly Things – Natalie is a biology student in Puerto Rico who blogs about her college adventures, her favorite books, and other “silly things”. I’ve only just discovered her blog but I’ve enjoyed every post that I read so far!
- Kelli Blogs – Kelli is a woman after my own heart. She is terribly witty and she wishes she blogged more often, but is working on it! Her posts will make you laugh out loud as you listen to her Friday music suggestions and “Dance Your Ass Off”. Trust me, you don’t want to miss her blog!
- The Brunette in the Pink Scarf – Thebrunetteinthepinkscarf is a blog about her life and her interests, encouraging and inspirational things, and life lessons. I always enjoy reading her blog, and I hope you do too!
- Shine On! – Precious is an English student in Manila who is sharing her adventures as she starts college, life lessons, her favorite things, and playlists to get you through the weekend. Her blog is a delight to read, especially since I enjoy reading about peoples’ lives outside of the United States. <3
Here are my questions for my nominees!
- What do you like about your hometown?
- Do you believe that music is essential in our lives?
- What does happiness mean to you?
- If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
- Do you believe in fate? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
- What are 5 things that would be on your bucket list? Have you done them? Why are those things on your bucket list?
- What is your favorite video game? Why?
- What is your favorite quality about yourself?
- What is a dream of yours that you are working towards? Does anyone else know about it?
- How do you try to put a little heart into everything you do? Do you think it’s important to do so?
Thanks for reading, and again thank you to Anand for the nomination! It still amazes me that you chose me, silly little me! But thank you all the same, I couldn’t be happier!
<3 and harp strings,